Pokemon Trainers, the Pokemon GO Adventure Week is currently underway in Pokemon Go. The Pokemon GO Adventure Week event will run from Thursday, July 27, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. to Wednesday, August 2, 2023, at 8:00 p.m. local time. During the event, trainers will be able to encounter fossil Pokemon and battle against Regidrago and Mega Tyranitar and potentially encounter their shiny variations if victorious; this is the debut of Mega Tyranitrar in Pokemon Go.
Trainers who play the game during the event will receive 2X for spinning Pokestops, 5x XP for spinning a Pokestop for the first time, and only have to walk 1/2 the distance to hatch eggs. A free challenge is available giving players the option to either explore new areas or catch fossil Pokemon.
With that in mind, let’s dive into the best Mega Tyranitrar raid counters:
Best Mega Tyranitrar raid counters in Pokemon Go
Mega Tyranitrar Raid Stats
- Mega Tyranitrar is a Rock, Fighting-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Fairy, Bug, Fighting (2X), Grass, Ground, Steel, and Water-type moves.
- Mega Tyranitrar’s Raid CP is 52,433
- Mega Tyranitrar’s Base HP is 225
- Its Attack is 309 and Defense is 276
- The Base catch CP is between 2951 CP – 3055 CP
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 3689 CP – 3820 CP
- It is Weather Boosted by rainy weather
- Its fast moves can be Bite, Smack Down, or Iron Tail
- Its Charged moves can be Brutal Swing, Crunch, Stone Edge, or Fire Blast
Mega Tyranitrar Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Tyranitrar raid, trainers will need a team of Pokemon with type effective moves, well-rounded Pokemon, or high attack stats. Overall, Mega Tyranitrar is a heavy hitting rock-type Pokemon. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities and below average stamina (HP) stat.
The raid can be completed by a team of 3 to 8 trainers; a team of 5 to 12 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 12 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Lopunny, Mega Blaziken, Mega Venusaur, and Mega Blastoise will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Fairy, Bug, Fighting (2X), Grass, Ground, Steel, and Water-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Dark, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Normal, Posion, Psychic-Types.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Fighting Types & Moves:
- Mega Blaziken – Counter& Focus Blast
- Conkeldurr – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Machamp- Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Terrakion – Double Kick & Sacred Sword
- Lucario – Counter & Aura Sphere
- Keldeo – Low Kick & Sacred Sword
Alternate Fighting Types or moves:
- Mega Lopunny – Double Kick & Focus Blast
- Hariyama – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Gallade – Low Kick & Close Comat
- Cobalion – Double Kick & Sacred Sword
- Virizion – Double Kick & Sacred Sword
- Breloom – Counter & Dynamic Punch
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Trainers will be able to battle the Regidrago or Mega Tryanitar raids during the event, however, those raids will only be available until August 4, 2023. On August 4, trainers will be able to battle a new set of Pokemon.
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news