While India and Hindu cultures celebrate the festival Holi, Pokemon Go trainers will experience the holiday in a different manner. Starting March 8th and running until March 14th at 8 PM local time, the Pokemon Go Festival of Colors will be active. If you’d like to read more about what will take place during the Pokemon Go Festival of Colors click here. Some of the key things to know from the event are Regidrago, Mega Medicham, and Bruxish are making their Pokemon GO debut.
During the event, trainers will be able to battle against Mega Medicham and the Legendary Rainbow Pokemon Ho-OH. Additionally, trainers should keep an eye out on March 11th for Elite Eggs; trainers will need to be present at the raid in order to battle Regidrago. Both the Mega Medicham raid and the Ho-OH raid can grant successful trainers the chance to encounter their shiny variations.
Since Mega Medicham is making its Pokemon Go debut, we decided to share with you the best Mega Medicham raid counters:
Best Mega Medicham raid counters in Pokemon Go
Mega Medicham Raid Stats
- Mega Medicham is a Fighting, Psychic-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Flying, Ghost, and Fairy-type moves.
- Mega Medicham’s Raid CP is 29,069
- Mega Medicham’s Base HP is 155
- Its Attack is 205 and its Defense is 179
- The Base catch CP is between 764 to 817
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 955 to 1,022
- It is Weather Boosted by Windy or Cloudy weather
- Its Fast moves can be Counter & Psycho Cut
- Its Charged moves can be Dynamic Punch, Power Up Punch, Psychic or Ice Punch
Mega Medicham Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Medicham raid, trainers will need a team of Pokemon with type effective moves, well-rounded Pokemon, or high defensive stats. Overall, Mega Medicam is an average fighting-type Pokemon. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities and average health stat.
The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 8 trainers; a team of 6 to 12 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Gengar, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Banette, or Mega Gardevoir will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Flying, Ghost, or Fairy-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Fighting or Rock-Types.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Ghost Types:
- Mega Gengar – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Chandelure – Hex & Shadow Ball
- Giratina – Shadow Claw & Shadow Force
- Hoopa – Astonish & Shadow Ball
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Shadow Ball
- Cofagrigus – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
Alternate Ghost Types:
- Mega Banette – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Hoopa (Unbound) – Astonish & Shadow Ball
- Gengar – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Dusknoir – Astonish & Psychic
- Drifblim – Hex & Ominous Wind
- Darkrai – Snarl & Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
Primary Flying Types:
- Mega Pidgeot – Gust & Brave Bird
- Lunala – Air Slash & Shadow Ball
- Honchkrow – Peck & Sky Attack
- Moltres – Wing Attack & Sky Attack
- Rayquazza – Air Slash & Hurricane
- Yveltal – Gust & Hurricane
Alternate Flying Types:
- Tornadus – Gust & Hurricane
- Braviary – Air Slash & Brave Bird
- Galarian Articuno – Psycho Cut & Brave Bird
- Unfezant – Air Slash & Sky Attack
- Kartana – Air Slash & Aerial Ace
- Toucannon – Peck & Drill Peck
- Ho-OH – Incinerate & Brave Bird
Primary Fairy Raid Counters
- Mega Gardevoir – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Zacian (Hero) – Quick Attack & Play Rough
- Togekiss – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Galarian Rapidash – Fairy Wind & Play Rough
- Slurpuff – Charm & Draining Kiss
- Sylveon – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Trainers will be able to participate in the Mega Medicham and Ho-Oh raids until March 21st. Regidrago will be available on March 11th only. Medicham and Ho-Oh will have their shiny variations available to encounter after taking down the Raids.
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout the month, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news
Pokemon Go was developed by The Pokémon Company and is available now on iOS and Android.