Indie/solo developer BerserkBoy Games has announced a release date for Berserk Boy, their new 2D action/adventure game.
Berserk Boy is launching on March 6th for Windows PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch. Xbox and PlayStation ports were announced before, but not dated today.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
BERSERK BOY is a high speed action packed platformer, with Metroidvania elements. Packed with vibrant and stylish pixel art. Go Berserk! as you change into different forms and use the power of Lightning, Fire, Ice, Air, and Earth to save the planet!
In the distant future, a mad scientist and his army of darkness seek to enslave the people of Earth. Hope for all humanity rests with The Resistance, but are they enough? Enter Kei, a rookie hero who is transformed by mysterious Orb energy into BERSERK BOY!
With high-speed action and the power to defeat evil, BERSERK BOY must face off against the diabolical Dr. Genos and his army of Dark Energy minions. Can he save the world before it’s too late? It’s time to GO BERSERK!
- Unleash your ultimate form: with the power of the Berserk Orbs – Lightning, Fire, Earth, Air, and Ice – and become a force to be reckoned with!
- Go Berserk! Become a master of speed and skill as you chain together combos to fill your Berserk Meter and unleash devastating special attacks! Upgrade your abilities and become an unstoppable force!
- Explore the sprawling world of New Hope City! and beyond, unlock hidden missions along the way. Jump, dash, slam, and slide through multiple stages with Metroidvania elements as you discover alternate paths and hidden collectibles!
- BERSERK BOY brings retro gaming: into the modern age with slick and stylish platforming action. Inspired by the genre greats, you’ll be able to play for big scores and fast times in this modern adventure with a retro feel.
- Music by Sonic Mania composer Tee Lopes: Soundtrack by the master behind other amazing works such as the TMNT soundtrack, Streets of Rage 4, Metal Slug Tactics, and more! Enjoy the high-energy beats as you Go Berserk and save the world!