Publisher All in! Games and developer Naraven Games announced Backfirewall_ is delayed to 2023.
The “first-person tragicomic adventure” is delayed to Q1 2023 across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. A playable demo is also available over on the game’s Steam page.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new gameplay trailer:
Backfirewall_ is a first-person tragicomic adventure that takes place inside a smartphone. As the update assistant, you hold the fate of the System in your hands. Will you counter the update and save the chatty operating system OS9 from deletion?
Begin a humorous escapade through various areas of the phone and solve clever puzzles. Meet colorful apps that inhabit the smartphone and have their own opinions about their boss, the update, and the godlike user.Clever puzzles
- Review terminal errors in RAM, party in the Speakers’ exclusive nightclub, navigate through the Wi-Fi bureaucracy, and explore other areas of a smartphone.Cheat-codes to manipulate the environment
- Hunt down or create bugs, trim binary trees, master music-controlled platforms, collect errors, and delete data using special cheat-codes.A variety of app-characters
- Gossip with quirky pieces of software—the sassy Photos, the insecure Social Media F, or the neglected Health, among others—and uncover their distinct side stories.Numerous collectibles
- Collect emails scattered about to discover a parallel story of the mysterious phone User.Unproductive and useless humor
- Enjoy meta satirical humor and breaking the fourth wall.