Idea Factory International has announced the release window for the western release of Azur Lane: Crosswave on Switch.
The September-announced western port is launching sometime in February 2021 in North America and Europe via both retail and the eShop. The game has been available for PlayStation 4 and Windows PC (via Steam).
New features in the Nintendo Switch version include:
- Taihou and Formidable, formerly DLC for the PS4/Steam version, are included as playable characters! Both come with 3 support characters each and additional story content.
- An updated Photo Mode: You can now pose up to 6 characters instead of 3 for more photo shoot fun! Get creative with new extended camera angles.
Here’s a rundown on the original game:
In this high-octane 3D Action Shooter, historical battle ships come to 3D life with the help of the Unreal Engine! Control a fleet of cute, but devastating characters and bring any enemy to their knees! Newcomers and returning fans of Azur Lane can play in 4 game modes, including the 100+ battles of Extreme Battle Mode! Will you be able to sail your fleet to victory, or will you sink into the ocean?
- Living in a 3D World – Azur Lane mobile, the beloved side-scrolling shooter, is now retrofitted for the Nintendo Switch as a cel-shaded, 3D action shooter with the help of Unreal Engine! Recruit over 50+ ship girls to help lead your fleet to victory. In the Nintendo Switch version, play through Story Mode through the lens of newcomers Shimakaze and Suruga, plus Taihou and Formidable!
- Switch it Up with 4 Game Modes – Commanders can choose from 4 different game modes! Story Mode includes 7 chapters
through the lenses of Shimakaze and Suruga, plus 2 additional story chapters with newcomers, Taihou and Formidable. In Extreme Battle Mode, choose from 100+ challenging fleets to battle for rare items and special materials. Capture new memories in Photo Mode! Just like the original release, players can change backgrounds, adjust facial expressions and poses! Now on the Nintendo Switch, choose up to 6 characters with freshly updated camera angles. Episode Mode includes 50+ sub-stories that deliver bonus character backgrounds!
- Arm Your Armada – Before setting sail, beef up your characters by equipping them with rare items found after a successful battle or by crafting items at Akashi’s Laboratory. Here, Commanders can exchange blueprints to create new gear, convert materials into rare items, and earn rewards. Experiment with different fleet arrangements to gain special Fleet Effects that can provide in-game stat bonuses.
- Ready, Aim, Fire – Control, aim, and fire at incoming battleships, aircraft carriers, and other enemies! Depending on the character’s subtype, players can dash to evade attacks or activate defensive shields, unleash torpedoes or aircrafts, and switch on character-specific special attacks to defeat unruly enemies!