Publisher Atari and developer iLLOGIKA announced Atari Mania is getting PlayStation ports next month.
The wacky microgame compilation is coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 on April 4th. The game was originally released back in October 2022 for Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, and the Atari VCS.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
In Atari Mania, you take on the role of the Atari Vault caretaker, responsible for protecting the retro gaming classics of yesteryear. One night, the vault is infiltrated by evil dead pixels who wish to see the end of retro gaming as we know it. It’s up to you to battle it out with the evil which has infected the familiar faces and games of the golden age of video games!
Atari Mania is pure microgame madness meets action-adventure, with over 150 wild challenges. Atari Mania features levels, characters, and challenges based on classic Atari games and properties.
The game’s controls have been completely overhauled for the PlayStation launch, and performance has been fine tuned. In response to user feedback, the development team at Illogika has improved the controls to make them feel smoother, more responsive, and more accurate. Additionally, this new version includes revamped microgames and performance improvements. A patch with the same improvements will be pushed to the Nintendo Switch as well.
A wild journey through video game history, Atari Mania is wrapped in a hilarious retro-driven narrative of exploration and surprise. And in proper Atari fashion, features dozens of easter eggs, and packs a punch with fiendishly challenging puzzles and scenarios that will make you think twice about the Atari games you once knew!
- Manic Mashups: Microgames inspired by the breadth of Atari’s decades-spanning catalog from Asteroids to Yars’ Revenge. Fight back Centipedes with a Pong paddle, and sneak past Rhindle, Adventure’s fiercest dragon! It’s crossover madness in the best way possible!
- Excellent Exploration: Solve tricky puzzles and utilize clever tools to progress through the Vault and discover classically-inspired Atari Easter Eggs
- Pixel-Perfect Pizzaz: A charming neo-retro art update to the classic Atari 2600 style is completed by a soundtrack of retro-inspired jams
- Characters Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Go face to antennae with some of the greatest games and characters in video game history. Trust us — you’ll never think of Bentley Bear the same way again!
- Treasure Trove of Atari History: Collectibles abound, including vintage Atari art, posters, and manuals