Indie Taiwanese game developer Acme Gamestudio has announced ARPG Asterigos for PC, PS4, and PS5.
While Asterigos is launching first on Windows PC and PlayStation 4 in spring 2022, a PlayStation 5 release is coming sometime in fall 2022.
Built within Unreal Engine 4, Asterigos includes a free roaming experience within a world inspired by ancient Rome and classical Greece, rife with multiple historical weapon types, a hand=crafted narrative, customizable combat, and challenging enemies.
Here’s the first trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game, via its official site:
Hilda, a brave Northwind Legion warrior, seeks to find her lost father and enters the mythical cursed city. She would come to realize the rise— and fall—of a great city, witness history in the making, and face difficult choices which would shape the entire kingdom’s fate.
- Exploration – Explore Aphes, the fallen city of the stars. Dive into the truth of history and restore it back to the former glory.
- Challenge – The cursed beasts ravage across the realm. Arm with the power of gods to defeat them.
- Storytelling – Tell the story from different perspectives. The choices of Hilda would determine the fate and outcome of everyone.
- Sword and Shield – Balance in assault and defense. It can block most of the attack from front.
- Daggers – Agile and Flexible. The fast-pace attacks and back-steps on enemy can enter and leave the frey swiftly.
- Spear – Skillful in details. It requires highly reflexes and controls to parry the enemy but rewards with strong counterattacks.
- Hammer – Heavy and mighty. The powerful force of the hammer can easily break the balance of the enemy.
- Staff – Make the first moves. It enables long range attack and can defeat the enemy before their approaches.
- Bracelets – Steady and passive. Set up the magic mines to create an area that is advantageous to self.
About Acme Gamestudio
Formed by a group of passionate developers in 2016, Acme Gamestudio strives to learn new technology with hard works and innovation, so that fun gaming experience could be created. We believe only with true love for games, and dedications to craft can create a piece that has value in both commercial and in art.