Ubisoft have announced the post launch and season pass content for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
As detailed on Ubisoft’s website, Season 1 of post launch content will begin this December. This will include free sea sonal content and in-game events, (such as the Viking Yule Festival, along with new settlement buildings and game modes).
You can find the full rundown on the Season 1 free update content below.
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival, the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic, the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging, and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can create a lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature that will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up. The higher the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Season 1 and subsequent seasons will also come with new player skills and abilities; weapons and gear; and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse, and raven.
The free Season 2 content will launch in March 2021. This will add a new combat-oriented game mode, a Jomsviking update, Settlement festivals, and new gear, and cosmetic items. Details on Season 3 will be revealed at a later date. The game will also add Discovery Tour mode in 2021, for combat free and educational purposes.
In addition, the game will have two “major” expansions in 2021, which will be included in the Season Pass. The first expansion is Wrath of the Druids, launching Spring 2021. Players will journey to Ireland, confronting Gaelic myth, folklore, and druids to gain the favor of the Gaelic kings.
The second expansion will take players to Paris- The Siege of Paris- in Summer 2021. The real life siege took place in 845. as Vikings attempted to invade via West Francia. Players will relive the battle alongside key historical figures, infiltrate the city, uncover plans, and form your own with alliances.
The Season Pass will be part of the Gold, Ultimate, and Collector Editions of the game (or purchased separately). Along with both expansions, it also includes an exclusive quest on launch, The Legend of Beowulf.
You can find the post launch and season pass trailer below, along with other recent gameplay and story trailers.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla launches November 10th on Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store, and Ubisoft Store), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Google Stadia. On PlayStation 5, it launches November 12th in the US and Australia, and November 19th in Europe.