THQ Nordic have released a new gameplay trailer for Digital Arrow’s upcoming submarine combat shooter, Aquanox Deep Descent.
Aquanox Deep Descent is a reboot and prequel to the classic FPS series from the early 2000s. Players are mercenary submarine pilots in a harsh undersea world, where the remnants of humanity have retreated to the depths of the ocean after the Earth’s surface has been rendered uninhabitable. Aquanox Deep Descent launches October 16th for Windows PC via Steam.
The new trailer shows off some of the deadly weapons players will be able to equip on their submarines in the full game. You can find the Weapons Trailer below.
You can find an abridged rundown (via Steam) below:
Aquanox Deep Descent is a first person underwater vehicle shooter, in which players control a variety of customizable ships to engage in fierce battles in the dystopian deep sea world of Aqua.
In the near future the Earth’s surface has become uninhabitable. What remains of humankind lives in former mining and research stations, deep below the surface of the sea. Born and raised in the only world we know, the loose network of underwater settlements, torn by the war for resources and dominance between various factions.
Take control of a team of highly trained fighter pilots and experience an epic story in the dark world of Aquanox. Send your enemies down to Davy Jones’ Locker with well-aimed torpedoes, shrapnel blasts, mines and more in a journey that takes you across the world’s oceans and into the deepest trenches of our Earth.
- Fight – Action-packed vehicle shooter combat that supports a wide variety of play styles
- Co-op – 4 player drop-in co-op, with four unique pilots who are all involved in the game story
- Customize – Choose and upgrade your ships, making them fit your preferred playing style
- Explore – Discover the deepest corners of the ocean
- VPP – Classic multiplayer modes like Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch Dogfighting