Publisher Ubisoft and developer Blue Byte have announced the Anno 1800 Season 4 of downloadable content, bringing three packs of content for the ongoing Victorian-era builder.
Anno 1800 Season 4 will be coming sometime in 2022, with a particular focus on expanding gameplay and content in the New World. “Following Season 3’s focus on further fleshing out the Old World, we will now turn our eyes to the New World,” Blue Byte said in the announcement.
The developers won’t be adding an all-new sessions to the game, but they will focus on addressing the New World building space issues within the Season 4 content. The three DLC packs will be released across 2022, and each will come with at least one new scenario, and one free game update too.
Further details for Season 4 will be shared in March 2022, so don’t expect the new content to release until after then. Lastly, Ubisoft noted Anno 1800 has topped a total of two million players worldwide, and free game update 13 is coming on December 14th. The new update adds the Eden Burning scenario, as well as a Plant-a-Tree DLC tree-charity launch, for the charity Ecologi.
Here’s a brief rundown on what the new season of content will entail:
- Season 4 will once again consist of three new DLCs, which will arrive throughout 2022
- Following Season 3’s focus on further fleshing out the Old World, we will now turn our eyes to the New World
- As such, we won’t be adding an all-new session to the game
- We are, however, aware of the building space issues in the New World and have kept that in mind for our plans for Season 4
- Following today’s announcement of scenarios making their return to Anno 1800, we plan to ship at least one new scenario with each Season 4 DLC
- As always, each DLC will be accompanied by a free Game Update that will improve the game for all our players
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the base game:
Welcome to the dawn of the Industrial Age. The path you choose will define your world. Are you an innovator or an exploiter? An oppressor or a liberator? How the world remembers your name is up to you.
- The Dawn of a New Era – Welcome to the 19th century, a time of industrialization, diplomacy, and discovery. Rich with technological innovations, conspiracies, and changing allegiances, this era presents the perfect setting for classic Anno gameplay. Anno 1800 provides players ample opportunity to prove their skills as a ruler as they create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, settle an exotic new continent, send out expeditions around the globe, and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade, or warfare.
- A Classic Anno Experience – Anno 1800 combines beloved features from 20 years of Anno history. It delivers a rich city-building experience, including a story-based campaign, a highly customizable sandbox mode, and the classic Anno multiplayer experience. Anno 1800 will see the return of beloved features such as individual AI opponents, shippable trade goods, randomly generated maps, multi-session gameplay, items, and more.
- New Features for a New Age – To bring this pivotal historical era to life, Anno 1800 introduces many all-new features to the franchise’s rich tradition. Expeditions allow players to send crews of specialists across the globe as they seek fame and fortune, while the new workforce feature makes managing your factories more demanding and realistic than ever. Finally, players will settle South America as they lay claim to the black gold powering this new age of industry.
- Choose Your Strategy for Victory – Leading prosperous metropolises requires you to adapt your strategy to new situations. Fulfil the needs of your inhabitants by establishing numerous production chains, deal with other AI rulers sharing your world, and rise to prosperity by building a profitable network of trade routes.