Publisher Bigmore and developer Shared Memory announced a Switch port for Animal Well.
The Nintendo Switch port of the dark atmospheric platformer is coming alongside its previously announced PC (via Steam) version sometime in early 2024.
Here’s a rundown on the previously announced game, plus a new trailer:
Explore a dense, interconnected labyrinth, and unravel its many secrets. Collect items to manipulate your environment in surprising and meaningful ways. Encounter beautiful and unsettling creatures, as you attempt to survive what lurks in the dark. There is more than what you see.
Explore – Illuminate The Dark
- Dense atmospheric puzzle box world with attention paid to every detail
- Light candles for safety and gradually fill out your map
- Nonlinear — explore and collect items in whatever order you choose
- Tons of secrets
- Solve Puzzles – Observation is Rewarded
Enemies, environment, and items interact in surprising and systemic ways
- All items have multiple uses
- Learn how innocuous details can become meaningful
- The main game is just the beginning. Players will be discovering hidden puzzles for years
Survive – Tread Carefully
- You must assess for yourself what is safe and dangerous
- Focus on tension and suspense rather than action
- You are disempowered, but can make clever use of your environment and items