Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Pieces Interactive have announed a delay for their Alone in the Dark reboot.
The Alone in the Dark reboot will forgo its previously planned October release to avoid competing with the “epic release” of Alan Wake II. It is refreshing to see a game be honest about trying to avoid tough competition, especially with how busy this fall and holiday look.
The Alone in the Dark reboot is now set to launch on January 16th, 2024 across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5.
“Our intention is to avoid competing with the wake of Alan’s epic release and to evade the dazzling skyline of cities adorned by the graceful swings of Spider-Man. We aim to truly remain as Alone in the Dark as possible. To honor this, the spine-chilling horror game has been rescheduled to unveil its horrors on January 16th, 2024. This extension will serve a dual purpose: not only will it permit us to meticulously perfect the gaming experience, but it will also grant us the opportunity to fully immerse ourselves in the remarkable releases of October.”
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Psychological Horror meets Southern Gothic in this reimagination of the classic survival horror game, Alone in the Dark
This love letter to the ground-breaking original lets you experience a haunting story through the eyes of one of two protagonists. Play as either Edward Carnby or Emily Hartwood and explore your environments, fight monsters, solve puzzles and uncover the uneasy truth of Derceto Manor…
Deep in the 1920’s south, Emily Hartwood’s uncle has gone missing. Together with private investigator Edward Carnby, she embarks on a journey to Derceto Manor, a home for the mentally ill where something is lurking. You’ll encounter strange residents, nightmarish realms, dangerous monsters and ultimately uncover a plot of rising evil. At the intersection of reality, mystery, and insanity, an adventure waits that will challenge your core beliefs. Who can you trust, what will you believe, and what will you do next?
- Explore Derceto Manor in this reimagination of Alone in the Dark, a love letter to the 90’s cult classic horror game.
- Return to the roots of psychological horror and experience an atmospheric journey worthy of the game that started the genre.
- Dive into a world full of sounds that make your skin crawl with a haunting, yet mesmerizing doom jazz soundtrack.
- Enjoy the thrill of desperate survival in a world where reality starts to crumble, evil lurks in every shadow and ammunition is scarce.
- Experience this nightmare from either Emily Hartwood’s or Edward Carnby’s perspective and unearth the dark secrets of a gothic mansion.
- Immerse yourself in a deep psychological story that goes beyond the realms of the imaginable, by Mikael Hedberg, cult horror writer of SOMA and Amnesia.