Ys Net and Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki announced Air Twister, a new shooting game reminiscent of old Sega classics like Space Harrier and Panzer Dragoon.
Air Twister is a new throwback shooter from Suzuki and his team, with a release date set for June 24th exclusively on Apple Arcade. While details are scant, Suzuki noted the game is a return to his love of arcade games, and is described as a fantasy shooting game.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Soar through the sky battling against invaders in this all-new fantasy endless shooter from legendary game creator, Yu Suzuki. Players will assume the role of Princess Arch fighting back against bizarre invaders to save their planet from destruction. They’ll rain down their homing arrows to trace graceful arcs of light across beautiful, artfully crafted stages, before they pierce their foes. With a fun and easy touchscreen swipe-shooting gameplay mechanic, the destiny of the planet is in the player’s hands.
- Find something new every time you play in each of the 12 stages!
- Over 20 different creatures of the Vanguard will thwart your way and 10 unique bosses await your challenge at the end of the worlds!
- Collect Stars to power up your Princess and unlock new game modes!
- Simple touch controls make play fun and easy! Or connect a gamepad for an arcade-like experience!
- Shoot for the top and compete in score and ranking categories with players all around the world!