Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Triumph Studios have announced the release date for Age of Wonders: Planetfall.
The new sci-fi 4X strategy game will launch on August 6th across Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. If you pre-order the game (available now via the official website), you’ll get the “Paragon Noble Cosmetic Pack” add-on. Featured above, you can view a new story trailer for the game.
Age of Wonders: Planetfall comes in a few options, the $49.99 standard version, the $59.99 deluxe edition (which comes with the Bravado Bundle Cosmetic Pack, Spacerpunk Cosmetic Pack, and Infested Worlds Scenario Planet DLC packs), and the $89.99 premium edition (which has the deluxe edition contents, as well as the season pass).
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Build your empire with one of six unique factions, ranging from the militant Vanguard to the dinosaur-riding Amazons and the cyborg-zombies of the Assembly. Progress through each faction’s missions using your wits, military strength and diplomacy, exploring planetary ruins and encountering other survivors as you unravel the history of a shattered civilization. Fight, build, negotiate and technologically advance your way to utopia in a deep single player campaign, on random skirmish maps, and against friends in multiplayer.
- Tactical Turn-Based Sci-Fi Combat – Perfect your combat strategy in intense turn-based battles featuring a large cast of factions, customizable units, and destructible environments.
- Discover a Rich Science-Fiction World – What secrets will unfold when you uncover the history of the fallen galactic empire? Discover the fate of the Star Union by exploring lush landscapes, wild wastelands and overgrown megacities. Encounter rival factions and discover hidden technologies long forgotten in abandoned places.
- Planetary Empire Building – Steer the future of your colony with a mix of technological advances and social development. Will you create an environmental paradise or a perfect military order?
- Multiple Paths to Victory – Achieve your end goals through conquest, diplomacy or doomsday technologies.
- A Multitude of Game Modes – A deep single-player story campaign alongside random map generation makes for endless replayability. Try new play styles in skirmish mode, and play multiplayer your way – online, hotseat, and asynchronous!