Farlight Games has revealed that their AFK Arena open world spinoff, AFK Journey, is now available in limited closed beta.
Players are able to preregister for the game for both mobile platforms and PC through their website here.
Here’s a rundown of the game, plus announcement trailer:
AFK Journey combines the best of casual open-world RPGs, strategic gacha battle games, and casual idle games. Experience the vast open world and stories, engage in real-time strategic battles using terrain and traps to your advantage, solve mysterious puzzles and challenges, or send your allies on adventures to collect loot while you’re away.
AFK Journey Features:
- Journey with Esperia’s Mighty Heroes – Join forces with your favorite heroes from AFK Arena and meet all new ones in AFK Journey. Form your ideal party and bring them along on your adventures.
- New Idle Gameplay Mechanics – Idle progression in AFK Journey is made even easier. Earn idle rewards, levels, and equipment at your camp by sending your allies on solo quests while you’re away.
- Explore A Beautiful Open World – A fantastically illustrated world awaits. Adventure in a vast, casual, open world with multiple diverse terrains and landscapes, solve puzzles, hunt for treasures, and meet fellow adventurers in a beautiful 3D world.
- Dynamic Weather and Surroundings – Witness a dynamic game world with day and night cycles, gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, and a full weather cycle.
- Engaging Puzzles and Strategic Battles – Solve challenging puzzles throughout the world for great treasures or engage in exciting strategic battles using terrain and traps to gain the advantage against your foes.
AFK Journey is expected to fully launch for iOS, Android, and Windows PC.