Psychic Software, DoomCube, and Digerati have announced a new retro-inspired shooter called Demon Pit.
The game will be releasing later this year on Windows PC (via Steam), PS4, Switch, and Xbox One. You can check out the announcement trailer above.
Demon Pit is a ’90s-style arcade FPS where players use an arsenal of guns to fend off waves of demonic hell spawn in enclosed arenas. The game is heavily focused on building up combo multipliers to pad out your high score, all while trying to stay alive for as long as possible.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Arise Demon Hunter. It is time. The years you spent slaughtering demon-kind in the mortal world did little to cleanse your soul. Your sins have been laid bare and you have been judged. You are damned for eternity. The pit awaits!
Inspired by the fast-paced FPS games of the 1990s, Demon Pit is an intense arcade-style arena shooter. Armed with a series of ranged weapons and a soul grapple, you must fight and out maneuver endless waves of demons in a constantly changing environment. How long can you survive before they rip your flesh and claim your soul?
- Battle 10 types of hideous hell spawn
- Repel the demon horde with 7 varied weapons
- Use your soul grapple to traverse the arena quickly and avoid the oncoming legion
- Master movement to survive the changing environment and its hazards
- Constantly kill to keep your multiplier alive and compete for leaderboard immortality