Phigames and Dear Villagers have announced a new 3D Metroidvania game called Recompile.
You play as a sentient AI in a dark and atmospheric digital world called The Mainframe. Fight enemies, jump and dash your way around the environment, and hack your surroundings to solve puzzles and open up new pathways. You can watch the reveal trailer above.
Recompile will be launching sometime next year on Windows PC via Steam.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
PREPARE FOR SYSTEM RECONFIGURATION
Explore the world of Recompile in this atmospheric, single player adventure game set in the sprawling digital landscape of The Mainframe.
Whether you engage in platforming, intense combat or environmental hacking, your playstyle will determine the dark interwoven narrative that explores machine intelligence, computational logic and disastrous ecological consequences.
- 3D sci-fi Metroidvania with a branching narrative system.
- A range of futuristic weapons and super-powered abilities.
- Intense and intelligent combat with a host of deadly NPCs and boss battles.
- Hack through environmental circuitry, logic gates and even enemies.
- Multiple endings depending on play style.
- Three difficulty levels: storytelling, default and hardcore.
- Reactive soundtrack of blistering electro.