Blur the lines between dream and reality in Afterdream, a stylized horror game coming next month.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
The much-awaited and beautifully stylish 2D psychological horror, Afterdream, has finally revealed its launch date. The atmospheric title from Jesse Makkonen, published on consoles by Feardemic, and on PC by Gamera Games, is only a bit over a month away. The 2 closely-working publishers have revealed the date through Gamera Games’ trailer (which you can watch below) at Gamescom.
Get lost in a lucid dream, bending the lines between reality and fiction. Navigate through a ghostly mansion using a strange camera and find out its mystery and your role in it. Witness vivid, yet dreamlike locations in beautiful, stylized 2D pixel art graphics.
Jump into a 2D psychological horror adventure game that will take you on a trip through a lucid dream, bending the lines between reality and fiction. Use a special camera to analyze your surroundings and navigate your way through a mysterious residence populated by ghosts. Find the purpose of your nocturnal visit in a vivid and dreamlike setting.
- One doom-scrolling, hold the doom – Marvel at the side-scrolling 2D graphics with unique art-style
- Oh, snap – Interact with hidden objects through the lens of a strange camera
- Must’ve been the wind – Get lost in the atmospheric music and sound design
- Asleep at the wheel – Delve into a lucid dream, bending reality and fiction and explore a ghastly mansion
- To the point – Enjoy a minimalist yet efficient interface that helps keep your focus intact
- Valmistettu suomessa – Explore an experience hand-made in Finland with no asset flips or cheap tricks :)
Afterdream offers a minimalist and hand-crafted horror experience, where you delve into lucid dreams that blur the line between reality and fiction.
Afterdream is set to release September 28, 2023, for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and Microsoft Windows (through Steam).