Throwback 2D twin-stick shooter Trigger Witch launches in July 2021, publisher Eastasiasoft and developer Rainbite have announced.
When Trigger Witch launches in July 2021, the game will be available across Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 digitally as well as the previously confirmed retail versions over on the Playasia store. Further details on pre-orders are coming sometime later.
Here’s a rundown on the game, via Eastasiasoft:
Recalling the visual style and intuitive gameplay of 16-bit action-adventure classics, Trigger Witch puts an ultra-violent spin on cute and colorful pixel art. With a compelling and original narrative, puzzling environments to explore, a dynamic soundtrack, twin-stick shooter mechanics and a vast array of enemies to blast into smithereens, this is a tale that will grip you from start to bloody finish.
- Explore an open world in classic action-adventure style!
- Wield and upgrade new firearms as you progress.
- Meet strange and endearing characters through engaging dialogue.
- Blast monsters back to their rightful plane of existence in bloody fashion!
- Solve environmental puzzles and overcome obstacles in clever ways.
- Play solo or multiplayer at any time, with drop-in local co-op