The E3 2021 online portal and official app get their first details, the Entertainment Software Association has announced.
The E3 2021 online portal and official app will behave like a hub for the show, including virtual “booths” as well as events and video conferencing, and profiles, avatars, and more for users. Media access will be granted on June 7th, while public access kicks off on June 12th. Registration is free and will start sometime later this month.
Both the E3 2021 online portal and official app will include a live E3 broadcast, powered by Hovercast. The broadcast will be hosted by Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez, Jacki Jing and Greg Miller, and it will include major publisher showcases, press conferences, industry panels, extended livestreams and special guest appearances.
Leading up to June 12, a five-day long media week will make use of the online portal and app to help media get early access and connect directly with E3 exhibitors. An online calendar tool will allow for scheduling appointments, while also including video conferencing and chat features. Media registration and credentialing will begin later this month as well.
When the public access to the portal and app will go live on June 12, users will get access to:
- Exhibitor Booths – Featuring special events, VOD content and articles, exhibitor booths will act as hubs within the portal for key announcements and game information tied to each exhibitor
- Lounges – Online gathering spots for all E3 attendees
- Forums – Special boards for focused online discussion and sharing among attendees
- Leaderboards – Gamified show elements that can be collected and displayed, encouraging fans to interact in as many ways as possible
- Profile Creation – All attendees can create their own unique profiles within the portal and app, which can be customized
E3 2021 will take place from June 12th to the 13th.