Square Enix has shown off more of the Final Fantasy XIV PS5 port in the latest “Letter from the Producer Live” stream for the MMORPG.
The new fifteen-plus minute block of gameplay has Final Fantasy XIV producer and director Naoki Yoshida showing off the PlayStation 5 build of long-running MMORPG.
The open beta for the Final Fantasy XIV PS5 port will kick off on April 13th, with our recent report covering the details on how to join the beta – as well as more details on the game’s next patch.
It’s also worth reiterating that the PlayStation 5 port for Final Fantasy XIV will launch immediately after the conclusion of the PS5 open beta.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Take part in an epic and ever-changing FINAL FANTASY as you adventure and explore with friends from around the world. This product also includes the entitlements to play FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn and the expansion pack FINAL FANTASY® XIV: HEAVENSWARD.
For newcomers to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, the Starter Edition includes two award-winning titles – FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, and the first expansion, FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward.
Join over 20 million adventurers worldwide on an adventure that will take you to the heavens and beyond!
- An epic FINAL FANTASY story featuring a vibrant cast of characters, hundreds of quests, and exciting locales to explore
- Celebrate the history of FINAL FANTASY through familiar monsters, bosses, music, and characters
- Tackle challenging dungeons and raids, or battle fellow players in unique forms of PvP
- Experience all of the jobs/classes on a single character using the flexible Armoury System
- Make your mark on the world by purchasing and decorating your very own estate – even build your own Airship!
- Adventure with friends using cross-platform play between PC, PlayStation 4, and Mac