Keith Burgun Games have announced the release date of their turn-based tactics game, Gem Wizards Tactics, along with 10 minutes of gameplay.
Gem Wizards Tactics is a turn-based tactics game with randomly generated maps. The game features three highly asymmetrical factions, and focuses on building powerful and elaborate combos using the unique abilities of your faction and units. You can also recruit units from other factions to create even more advanced synergies.
Gem Wizards Tactics releases February 16th for Windows PC via Steam.
You can find the 10 minute gameplay introduction video below.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
Playful tactics, weird magic, and endless challenge! Lead an army to liberate your people from an ancient evil!
Gem Wizards Tactics is a turn-based strategy game with randomly generated maps and weird asymmetrical factions! Designed around endless single player play, Gem Wizards Tactics has three factions each with their own unique abilities which not only combine within factions, but you can also pick up units from other factions and combine them into your army to create totally unheard of new strategies!
A new kind of single-player wargame
In many ways, Gem Wizards Tactics will feel familiar to fans of Advance Wars, Fire Emblem or X-Com. But unlike these games, the maps are entirely randomly generated, and enemy units are spawning randomly as well. This means that the challenges are much more emergent and surprising—and so your strategies will have to be as well. In this original turn based tactical war game, you take your army through a series of battles in which you’ve gotta capture the flags before taking too many losses!
Level up your troops, rescue new recruits, and liberate your people!
- Wild powers with fun and surprising side-effects! Drill for oil, which is slippery and lights on fire! Spray water around until you create new rivers! Freeze those rivers over with ice magic! And a lot more.
- Randomly generated maps! The map geometry, enemy squads you’re facing off, and Unit Rescue rewards are different every time you play!
- Three distinct factions with LOTS of asymmetry: the classic royal high fantasy knights of the Azure Order; the resource-exploiting, terrain-burning Business Demons, or the nature and weather-controlling Potatoes: each have their own unique playstyles and abilities. Better yet, there’s cross-pollination between the factions, so maybe you can find some neat combo for your Azure Knights sliding over a bunch of freshly fracked oil slicks!
- Three modes are available: a short tutorial, a custom game mode, and a longer-form Campaign that has you doing a long series of battles, leveling up units and permanently losing others!
- Colorful pixel art and an original melodic soundtrack
- Lots of developer support in the form of new patches, balance changes and more. Come chat with me on the discord!
The Gem Wizards Universe also has partying undead skeletons, stuffed animal bunnies, huge bug people, and a bunch more, so look forward to new factions being introduced in free future updates! Coming to Steam for Windows. Later on, will be coming to more platforms as well.
From the designer of 100 Rogues, and Auro: A Monster-Bumping Adventure.