Nintendo and developer Inner Sloth have announced party social deduction game Among Us will be available on Nintendo Switch today.
The game tasks players with keeping a facility working with various tasks to complete. However, one or more of the players is an impostor- tasked with sabotaging the tasks (starting a timer that will make them win unless the task is fixed), or kill all other players. Players can vote for who they think the impostor is, deducing from what has happened and what their friends say.
Launching in 2018, the game gained a resurgence of popularity after the launch of Fall Guys: Ultimate Knock Out, and the game being recommended via Steam’s “similar to what you play” features (and in turn, streamers). The newfound popularity caused the developers to cancel the sequel in order to improve the original game.
The press release states the game will support cross-play with other platforms. These include Windows PC (via Itch.io, and Steam) Android, and iOS. The game will be published on Nintendo Switch by PlayEveryWare.
You can find the announcement (at 15:53) below.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
Play with 4-10 player online or via local WiFi as you attempt to prepare your spaceship for departure, but beware as one or more random players among the Crew are Impostors bent on killing everyone!
Originally created as a party game, we recommend playing with friends at a LAN party or online using voice chat. Enjoy cross-platform play between Android, iOS and PC.
- Win by completing tasks to prepare the ship or ejecting all Impostors.
- React quickly to undo the Impostor’s sabotages.
- Check the Admin map and Security cameras to keep tabs on other Crewmates.
- Report any dead bodies immediately to start discussion of who the suspected Impostor is.
- Call emergency meetings to discuss suspicious behavior.
- Vote to eject suspected Impostors.
- Kill crewmates and frame bystanders.
- Pretend to run tasks to blend in with the crewmates.
- Sneak through the vents to quickly move about the ship.
- Use sabotages to cause chaos and divide the crew.
- Close doors to trap victims and kill in private.
- Customization: Pick your color and hat.
- Lots of game options: Add more impostors, more tasks, and so much more!
- Quickly find a game online from the host list.
- In-game text chat.
- Rich discord integration.
- Cross-platform play between PC, Android, and iOS!