Following a leak earlier this morning, Nintendo has officially announced Kirby Fighters 2 for Nintendo Switch.
The new standalone brawling game is now available for the hybrid console, for $19.99 via the eShop. Players will be able to battle with up to four different Kirby fighters, and with up to four players.
Here’s the reveal trailer:
Here’s a rundown on Kirby Fighters 2:
Kirby vs. Kirby vs. Kirby vs. Kirby!
Choose from a cast of Kirby’s most iconic copy abilities—including the brand-new Wrestler ability—and duke it out to be the last Kirby standing. Familiar friends and foes like Bandana Waddle Dee and King Dedede also make an appearance as playable characters in the Kirby Fighters 2 game, available exclusively for the Nintendo Switch™ system.
Battle your way through exciting modes
- Single-Handed Mode – Try to get your best clear time as you fight battle after battle all alone in Single-Handed Mode. Take out enemies as fast as you can!
- Story Mode – Work with a buddy (player or computer controlled) to scale the tower, choosing helpful items between each battle round in Story Mode.
- Items – Select an item to power up your next battle to boost your stats, health, and more in Story Mode. Items only last until the end of the chapter, so choose wisely!
- Fighters Rank – Earn Fighters Points as you play to level up your Fighters Rank and unlock more copy abilities, stages, characters, hats, and more.
- Rewards – Unlock copy abilities like Wrestler, items like a Recovery Stone, playable characters like Gooey, and stages like Gourmet Go Go.
- Battle stages – Choose from a selection of new and classic battle stages including Fountain of Dreams, Waddle Dee Train Tracks, Bubbly Clouds, and more.
Master your favorite moves
Choose from a selection of copy abilities and Kirby series characters to punch, slash, toss, and hammer your way to victory. Experiment with them all to discover—and master—your favorite!