Sony have announced the release date and price of the PlayStation 5 during their PlayStation 5 showcase.
The PlayStation 5 will launch November 12th in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea. For the rest of the world, it will launch November 19th, and will cost $499.99, while the Digital Edition will cost $399.99.
The PlayStation Blog preorders will begin “as early as tomorrow at select retailers.” The blog also reveals both the digital-only and standard console support the custom processor, integrated CPU and GPU (which in turn supports 4K graphics and ray-tracing), high speed SSD, 3D audio, and the haptic feedback of the DualSense Wireless Controller.
Continuing, the blog revealed games from PlayStation’s own Worldwide Studios will be priced “from US$49.99 to US$69.99 (RRP) on PS5.” Finally, the list of launch day PlayStation 5 titles (from SIE Worldwide Studios) were listed, along with their prices. You can find them below.
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)
You can find the announcement below (at 1:41:36).