Today’s Niche Spotlight is Inmost, an atmospheric 2D puzzle-platformer by Hidden Layer Games and Chucklefish.
Inmost follows a valiant knight, a curious young girl, and a wanderer seeking answers in a dark, interconnected story. Solve environmental puzzles, explore every dark corner in search of hidden passages, and use each character’s unique set of weapons and abilities to take on vicious enemies.
You can find the launch trailer below, along with the earlier Release Date trailer that shows more gameplay.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Something is lurking in the shadows…
INMOST, by Lithuania-based indie studio Hidden Layer Games, is an emotional and deeply atmospheric narrative-driven puzzle platformer. Uncover the story of an adventurous young girl, a stoic knight and a man in search of answers.
Explore a crumbling, nightmarish landscape, slice through enemies, and spring deadly traps in order to escape the evil that awaits…
**INMOST is an intimate story of loss and hope that some may find upsetting. Player discretion is advised.**
- Venture through a hauntingly atmospheric pixel art world
- 3 main characters, each with their own unique gameplay styles
- A knight adventures into the depths of a deteriorating castle. A child uncovers the past of an eerie house. A wanderer searches for answers.
- Lure enemies into lethal traps, solve environmental puzzles and utilise your scythe, hookshot and pickaxe to avoid a gruesome end!
- Discover a 3-5 hour emotional story, intended to be played in a single-sitting on a dark, stormy night
- Explore every nook and cranny to find secret passages and collectibles
- Featuring the vocal talents of Andrew Dennis and Cassandra Lee Morris
- Playable in 14 languages, including English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Dutch, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese
- Each pixel is placed with love!
- Features CORSAIR iCUE RGB dynamic lighting functionality for PC
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!