11 bit studios have released On The Edge, the final DLC expansion for their survival city building game, Frostpunk.
This new DLC pack follows a scouting party sent out after the Great Storm. Manage a small outpost in the remote wilderness on a mission from New London. As you gradually secure independent trade routes and supply lines, you can begin thinking about seceding from your New London overlords, and establishing a completely autonomous city. You can find a launch trailer below.
On The Edge is available as part of the Season Pass, or can be bought individually for $12.99.
You can find a rundown of the new DLC (via Steam) below:
“They say the snow is dead. But we’ve learnt to the contrary.”
– Samuel Robinson, Frostland Scout (1887, New London).
About On The Edge expansion:
Assigned as the leader of a newly formed Outpost — settled near the Army Warehouse — you are kept on New London’s leash and bound to transfer all your precious findings to the headquarters. At the same time, you have to rely on scarce food deliveries and laws enforced by your supervisor. It’s a delicate balance to navigate — each decision introduces new risks and hardships. But as soon the alternate food source is discovered by your scouts, you can start to think about surviving on your own…
Snowy tides turn quickly on the Frostland. There are other Settlements out there willing to cooperate with you. Once you manage to gain their loyalty, designate trade routes between new allies, and regain control over your Book of Laws, then you can form a strong, independent union – and shake off New London’s yoke.
On the Edge – features:
- New Frostland mechanics: Settlements and Safe Routes
- New Relations mechanics: Favours, Improvements, Trading, Diplomacy
- New Unit: Construction Team – used to build Trading Depots and Safe Routes
- 16 brand new areas on Frostland and new lore added to some of the old sites
- 3 new city structures and 7 new technologies
- A brand-new Setting in all Endless Mode variants: Settlements
- 25 minutes of new music (6 tracks) composed by Piotr Musiał
- Many smaller additions, improvements and fixes
On The Edge gives you the opportunity to break free of the shackles New London has inflicted upon you and turn your ice-cold will back onto your masters.