Mimimi Games have released another free content update for their tactical stealth game Desperados III, adding more Baron’s Challenges.
The update adds four new Baron’s Challenges maps. The Baron’s Challenges are a set of remixed maps using unique rules, objectives, and loadouts to provide a greater challenge for players. Among the new maps including killing three specific guards on a map of lookalikes, and playing as animals; a cat, a dog, and a chicken.
Mimimi Games also announced their first Speedrun Contest. Until August 24th, players can submit videos of themselves going through the Flagstone mission on Normal difficulty as fast as possible without triggering any alarms. Contestants will have a chance to win a physical Collector’s Edition of Desperados III, free Season Passes, and free copies of other THQ Nordic titles.
You can read more about the contest, and the free update, here.
You can find the trailer for the new maps below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Desperados III is a story-driven, hardcore tactical stealth game, set in a ruthless Wild West scenario.
In this long-awaited prequel to the beloved classic Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, John Cooper will join forces with the runaway bride Kate, the shady hitman Doc McCoy, the giant trapper Hector, and Isabelle, a mysterious lady from New Orleans. On Cooper’s quest for redemption, his adventures lead him and his gang from rural towns, over swamps and riverbanks, and finally to a dramatic showdown worthy of Wild West legends.
Play smart if you want to succeed. A good plan can make the difference between survival and finding yourself at the business end of a pistol.
Drifter, gunslinger, and natural leader Cooper can kill quietly with a knife, or take out multiple foes with his revolvers. Strongman Hector carries a giant bear trap and can slay the toughest opponents with his trusty axe. Cold blooded bounty hunter McCoy likes to be methodical, using lures, knockout gas, poison syringes and a custom long-range pistol. Kate can fool almost any man with the right outfit, and kills discreetly with her hidden gun. And then there is this mysterious woman from New Orleans, Isabelle…
Combine your team’s special skills to overcome each tough challenge in your own style.
- Play five unique characters, each with a very particular set of skills
- Experience true freedom of choice with countless different ways to overcome any obstacle
- Defeat large groups of enemies with careful planning and execution
- Witness the glory of classic Wild West scenarios like frontier towns, mysterious swamps, sprawling modern cities, and many more
- Choose between non-lethal and deadly attacks, stealth and blazing guns
- Adjust the game to your playstyle with various difficulty settings and special replay challenges
- The Showdown mode allows you to pause the game anytime and react to ambushes or surprise attacks