Today’s Niche Spotlight is Godhood, a god game by Abbey Games that recently left Early Access.
In the game, you play as a newborn deity trying to establish their own religion of lust, chastity, war, peace, greed, generosity, or madness. Recruit disciples and guide them by issuing tenants and traditions that they can spread across the world. Defeat the followers of rival gods in ritualistic auto-battler combat to convert new believers.
You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Guide your Disciples, create your own Religion, and obtain glory! Inspire growth in your Disciples so they may challenge the false gods and convert their followers. Defeat your rivals, and become the One Truth!
- Create your Own Religion: From peaceful meditative monks to savage warrior-priests drenched in the blood of human sacrifice, mix and match religious Tenets & Traditions to shape your worshippers’ morality! What culture will your religion shape in the future?
- Auto-Battler Ritual Combat: Face other religions in turn-based auto-battler combat called sacraments. Use persuasion, brute force or even flirtation to defeat the false prophets and convert their worshippers in this unique system!
- Guide Your Roster of Disciples: Disciples are the heroes of your religion. Choose their class and level up their abilities to create your perfect team of mighty missionaries.
- Plan your years as a God: Collect tribute to expand your holy site with new temples and buildings. Use them to create Rituals that improve your disciples or upgrade your income and options.
- A Relaxing Mythical World: Vibrant hand-painted art and relaxing tunes let you fully immerse yourself in Godhood’s world of devoted worship and mythical Meso-American heroes.
- Replayability: Experiment with different combinations of religious commandments, tenets, traditions, classes, and holy relics.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!