Today’s Spotlight is Fae Tactics, a turn-based strategy RPG by Endlessfluff Games and Humble Games.
The game is set in the same universe as one of Endlessfluff’s earlier games, Legend of Fae. The game follows Peony, a young spellcaster that inadvertently becomes entangled in the growing conflict between humans and the magical fae.
The game features a unique menuless combat system. Units and characters automatically perform special actions and spells when they move, attack, or wait when under specific circumstances. The combat system is also heavily based around assists, and Peony can use her magic to summon fae allies, or cast powerful spells.
You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
In Fae Tactics, follow a young magic user named Peony on her journey across a vibrant world full of mystery and danger. Summon allies, cast spells, and befriend a motley crew of characters as you dive into the growing conflicts between man and magical beings known as fae.
Long ago the world of magic was separated from the natural world by Elemental Gates. One day the seal on the gates was broken, flooding the natural world with magical fae creatures once thought to be myths. The worlds merging was imperfect and much of the land was torn apart. The devastation claimed the lives of most of the population of natural and fae creatures alike. Those that survived have forged new lives in the ruins of the old worlds, but growing tension between man and fae threaten to finish what began with the opening of the gates.
- Unique menuless turn based tactical gameplay.
- Manage the magical elements of your party to counter the enemies elements.
- Befriend a colorful cast of allies! Level Up and customize their abilities.
- Battle all kinds of Fae creatures and collect them into your team.
- Find powerful and unique Spells to help tip the scales in your favor.
- Traverse a variety of colorfully detailed environments in this isometric wonderland.
- Unravel secrets as you explore the various conflicts in the world in any order you want!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!