Awe Interactive have announced the release date for their rhythm-based FPS, BPM: Bullets Per Minute.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute is a retro-inspired FPS about slaying the forces of the underworld. All enemies and bosses have attack patterns and behaviors based on the beat of the music. Your weapons also gain different effects if you shoot and reload to the rhythm of the game’s rock opera soundtrack.
You can find the release date trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Fight as a mighty Valkyrie to repel the forces of the underworld from invading the world of Asgard.
In BPM, all of your actions and the actions of your enemies are tied to the beat of the music. Your enemies perform a dance-like sequence of attacks to an epic rock opera. BPM is inspired by retro shooters of the 90’s. It is fast, frenetic and rhythmical. You can double jump, dash, rocket jump and bunny hop to evade your opponents.
Your goal is to reach the end of randomly generated dungeons, collecting different weapons, abilities and items each time you play. These weapons and abilities can radically alter the way you play, making each playthrough unique.
You must defeat 7 bosses to reach the final boss. Each boss moves and attacks in a unique way that you must learn to exploit if you want to succeed. Some attacks require you to jump over fields of lava, some to dodge fast projectiles, some to hold fast for a beat.
- Shoot, jump and dodge to the beat while battling hordes of enemies.
- Fight powerful bosses in challenging boss battles that will push you to the edge.
- Explore randomly generated dungeons.
- Choose from 5 different characters with unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Wield a powerful arsenal of weapons, all with different behaviour for firing and reloading to the beat of the soundtrack.
- Battle a diverse array of enemies, each with unique rhythmic behaviours.
- Get overpowered and fire shotgun rockets while flying through the air.
- Utilize abilities that radically alter the way you play the game, from teleport to freezing bolts.
- Equip over 40 items that buff your character in unique and interesting ways.
- Experience an epic rock opera soundtrack.
- Challenge modes for extra gameplay.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute launches September 15th on Windows PC (via Steam), and unannounced consoles in 2021.