Editor’s Note: The product links in this article are Amazon links and are affiliate links. Purchasing the product through that link will support Niche Gamer.
Disclaimer: THQ Nordic sent Niche Gamer a digital copy of Destroy All Humans! and the game’s Crypto 137 Edition for the purpose of review. The review of the game was conducted before the special edition arrived, and the special edition wasn’t guaranteed to be sent.
THQ Nordic have sent us Destroy All Humans! Crypto 137 Edition for our review and unboxing series, What’s In the Box?!
The game has players control Crypto 137; the latest in a long line of clones hell bent on vengeance against the Earthlings. The Furon race rely on cloning to reproduce, and left elements of their pure DNA on Earth; only for them to experiment on a Furon when they crash land on Earth- Cryto’s predecessor.
Now players must ravage 1950s America to get home safe- by obliterating every human, building, and cow with tractor beams, laser weapons, psychic powers, and more.
As detailed in the official trailer for the Crypto 137 Edition; it contains a Crypto-137 figurine, a Crypto backpack, keychain, six lithographs, an anti-stress/eye-popping toy, all in-game Crypto skins- all contained within a premium box.
You can find our unboxing video (by our very own Fingal Belmont) below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
The cult-classic returns! Terrorize the people of 1950s Earth in the role of the evil alien Crypto-137. Harvest DNA and bring down the US government in the remake of the legendary alien invasion action adventure. Annihilate puny humans using an assortment of alien weaponry and psychic abilities. Reduce their cities to rubble with your flying Saucer! One giant step on mankind!
- Experience the evil side of a 50s alien invasion story
- (Re)Discover why this game is considered one of the funniest ever created
- Faithfully rebuilt from scratch in new galactic glory
- Enjoy Crypto’s unique weaponry like the Anal Probe Gun
- Pose as pathetic humans to infiltrate their fragile democracy
- Use psychokinesis to send enemies flying or bombard them with random objects
- Freely traverse explorable cities from 50s America using your jetpack
- Obliterate humanity’s primitive architecture with your flying saucer
- Includes the restored, much-rumored, never before seen: Lost Mission of Area 42!
This is What’s in the Box? In this video series, we regularly unbox new games and things, so let us know if there’s something you want us to check out!