During the recent Guerrilla Collective showcase, developer Kitfox Games went over the gameplay elements for their upcoming title Boyfriend Dungeon.
Boyfriend Dungeon is part dating-sim, part isometric beat-em-up; where players choose to use weapons that transform into humanoids. Players grind out wealth in “The Dunj” with their weapon of choice, in order to spend it on dates and gifts.
You can watch the gameplay and dev commentary video below.
You can read the full rundown (via Steam) below.
- Date up to nine weapons, from dancing swords to heart-piercing daggers
- Generated action-combat dunj and challenges! Stay sharp!
- Various combat styles. For example, hit hard and dodge quickly with the dagger, or take on crowds with Lasersaber
- Inclusive, tasteful approach to gender and sexuality – male, female, and non-binary romance
- Let’s get to the point: take your weapon-babes on romantic outings, such as to the club or the beach
What is This
For your summer job, you’re tasked with clearing the creatures in “the dunj”. Soon you discover weapons you find transform into cuties… and they’re SINGLE! (What a craaazy coincidence because you also happen to be up for grabs yourself.)
Spend the cash you earn on romantic outings to forge precious moments with your lovers and work together to clear the rampant monster infestations, because after all, a couple that slays together, stays together.
- Estoc (Isaac): the sharpest dresser
- Dagger (Valeria): tired of backstabs
- Talwar (Sunder): worried he’s becoming an antique
- Lasersaber (Seven): hard to get a handle on him
- Glaive (Sawyer): they’d like you to get straight to the point
- Scythe (Rowan): reaping what they sow
- Brass Knuckles (Pocket): loves cat naps
- Hammer (Leah): ready for a smashing good time
- Axe (Jonah): wants to axe you out
Boyfriend Dungeon is coming soon to Windows PC (via Steam), and Nintendo Switch.