Cosmocat have announced they will be releasing a demo of survival horror game Toxicant for the Steam Game Festival: Summer Edition.
As stated in the press release (via Games Press), the game will have a demo during the festival (June 9th to June 14th), along with an AMA (Ask Me Anything) taking part on the Cosmocat Discord server.
Toxicant (originally known as Undermine) is a survival horror game, with randomized levels with increasing difficulty, and roguelike elements as you upgrade your stats and gear. Navigate the mines, find what food you can eat, use what you can as a weapon, and collect notes from the miners on what happened.
You can find the build 28 footage trailer below. The press release also included a link to the Early Access trailer for Undermine for comparison.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
TOXICANT (formerly Undermine) offers a sinister twist on the survival horror genre, featuring randomized levels and roguelike elements.
- Traverse a series of increasingly difficult randomized levels, upgrading your stats and gear along the way
- Use items like compasses, maps, beacons, and the MonPro 2000 to aid you in navigating the depths of the mines
- Collect miner’s notes and secret documents to learn the story of a conspiracy gone horribly wrong
- Sample an assortment of nourishment and libations in your quest to survive: expired canned food, toxic mushrooms, rancid wine, and more!
- Salvage old mining equipment and use it as a weapon, or a shield (Can’t find any? How about a board with a nail in it!)
- Randomized levels
- Gamepad support
- Volumetric lighting
- Supports multiple styles of play, including pacifist
Toxicant launches 2020 on Windows PC via Steam.