Metronomik have announced that music-based action-adventure No Straight Roads has been delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The news comes via the game’s Facebook page, with a video message from game director Wan Hazmer. Therein, Hazmer confirms the game has been delayed from its June 30th release due to complications caused by the coronavirus pandemic. The August 31st release date now shown on some retailers was also revealed to be a place-holder.
The ongoing coronavirus pandemic (also known as COVID-19 officially, or Chinese Flu to others) has affected many worldwide, from businesses to public gatherings and events.
This includes postponements of GDC, the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, the physical events for EVO 2020 and Tokyo Game Show 2020, and cancellations E3 2020 (including digital events), the physical event for Gamescom 2020, Comiket 98, and MAGStock 2020.
We also reported the Fairy Tail JRPG to July 30th in Europe and July 31st in North America, and Japan finally re-opening theaters after Japan’s state of emergency begins to soften.
The Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering are mapping the virus’ spread [1, 2]. As of this time of writing, there are over over 2.920 million active cases worldwide. There have been over 346,000 deaths, however over 2.253 million people have made a “total recovery.” There have been over 5.519 million confirmed cases.
You can find the full rundown (via the Epic Games Store) below.
Take back Vinyl City – with rock! Embark on a music-based action-adventure as indie rock band members Mayday & Zuke and lead a musical revolution against EDM empire No Straight Roads. After being unfairly rejected in their audition to join No Straight Roads, Mayday & Zuke uncover the evil intentions behind the NSR empire. It’s now down to them to save their city from corruption. Enjoy fast & frenetic combat with a musical twist as these two aspiring rock artists fight back with the power of music!
- A unique music-based action-adventure game that puts music & sound at the heart of the gameplay.
- Music is power! Fight an evil empire & lead the musical revolution to take back control of Vinyl City.
- Two playable characters, Mayday & Zuke, each with their own music-based weapons and attacks.
- An action-adventure with a musical twist. Players can attack, jump and move freely while enemies attack to the beat of the music.
- Change the world – with music! Harness the power of music to transform props into weapons and shift between rock & EDM in a seamless and dynamic manner.
- Experience 8 extraordinary levels inspired by different genres of music.
- Defeat giant, memorable bosses with unique personalities.
- An energetic soundtrack filled with awesome music.
- Upgrade your skill tree to improve your abilities & defeat NSR.
No Straight Roads launches Summer 2020 for Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.