THQ Nordic have provided an overview of Desperados III, providing an overview of gameplay and how the game’s various mechanics work.
As detailed in the press release, players control a squad of wild-west heroes, each with their own skills and abilities. While the game does allow for many real time-stealth options and tactics (including distractions, misdirection, and assassination), players can turn the situation into a deadly shoot-out.
Players also have access to Showdown mode to pause the action and give orders, should things go awry, or to create more elaborate and coordinated take-downs. This can be disabled for a more challenging experience.
You can find the Explanation trailer below.
You can find the full run-down (via Steam) below.
Desperados III is a story-driven, hardcore tactical stealth game, set in a ruthless Wild West scenario.
In this long-awaited prequel to the beloved classic Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, John Cooper will join forces with the runaway bride Kate, the shady hitman Doc McCoy, the giant trapper Hector, and Isabelle, a mysterious lady from New Orleans. On Cooper’s quest for redemption, his adventures lead him and his gang from rural towns, over swamps and riverbanks, and finally to a dramatic showdown worthy of Wild West legends.
Play smart if you want to succeed. A good plan can make the difference between survival and finding yourself at the business end of a pistol.
Drifter, gunslinger, and natural leader Cooper can kill quietly with a knife, or take out multiple foes with his revolvers. Strongman Hector carries a giant bear trap and can slay the toughest opponents with his trusty axe. Cold blooded bounty hunter McCoy likes to be methodical, using lures, knockout gas, poison syringes and a custom long-range pistol. Kate can fool almost any man with the right outfit, and kills discreetly with her hidden gun. And then there is this mysterious woman from New Orleans, Isabelle…
Combine your team’s special skills to overcome each tough challenge in your own style.
- Play five unique characters, each with a very particular set of skills
- Experience true freedom of choice with countless different ways to overcome any obstacle
- Defeat large groups of enemies with careful planning and execution
- Witness the glory of classic Wild West scenarios like frontier towns, mysterious swamps, sprawling modern cities, and many more
- Choose between non-lethal and deadly attacks, stealth and blazing guns
- Adjust the game to your playstyle with various difficulty settings and special replay challenges
- The Showdown mode allows you to pause the game anytime and react to ambushes or surprise attacks
Desperados III launches June 16th for Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.