Limited Run Games have announced when gamers can pre-order the physical versions of Shantae and the Seven Sirens.
Like many Limited Run Games physical versions, the sale will only last four weeks, and sales will only happen through pre-orders. Limited editions were also detailed on the official website.
The Collector’s Edition will sell for $69.99, and will include the game, a reversible 18″ x 24″ poster, a commemorative Game Boy cart and acrylic stand, 50 Monster trading cards, a SteelBook case, and the original soundtrack.
Both Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 physical versions will be available for pre-order May 15th at 10 a.m. PT.
You can find an abridged rundown of the game (via Wayforward) below:
Packed with multiple towns and more labyrinths than ever before, Shantae and the Seven Sirens combines the most popular elements from past Shantae titles into the Half-Genie hero’s biggest outing to date. The excitement begins when Shantae visits a tropical paradise where she befriends new Half-Genie allies, but things quickly go awry as she discovers that sinister secrets are stirring beneath the island’s surface. As Shantae gets wrapped up in the island’s mysteries, she’ll use all-new dance abilities and instant-transformation Fusion Magic to explore the nonlinear, interconnected world and battle an assortment of diabolical foes…not the least of which are the enigmatic Seven Sirens!
Complementing the action are spectacular animated cutscenes that bring the story to life — a series first! — including a jaw-dropping anime-style opening by renowned animation house Studio TRIGGER. Other new features include 4K support and a collectible card system that lets players augment Shantae’s powers in a variety of ways.
- Traverse an expansive, interconnected world above and below the sea!
- Use Fusion Magic to change instantly between all-new creature forms!
- Belly dance to activate machinery, restore health, and more!
- New characters and returning favorites like Rottytops, Sky, Bolo, and the nefarious Risky Boots!
- Gorgeously animated TV-style cutscenes!
- Collect and power up with Monster Cards!
- Enjoy minigames, acquire magic and items, and uncover secrets!
- 4K-resolution hand-painted visuals on PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Mac, and PC!
Shantae and the Seven Sirens is available now on iOS (via Apple Arcade), and May 2020 on Windows PC (via GOG, and Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.