NGDEV (also known as NG:DEV.TEAM) have announced that Gunlord X will be getting a limited physical edition on Nintendo Switch, via themselves.
Gunlord launched in 2012 for retro consoles Dreamcast and Neo Geo. An improved version of the game- Gunlord X- launched in 2019 for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
Now, NGDEV have stated that they will produce a limited physical edition of the game on Nintendo Switch. Other details are scant at this time, but we do know it will be available in Standard and Limited Editions. The Limited Edition will contain the game’s 16-bit style soundtrack, along with several postcards and stickers. This edition will only have 999 copies produced.
You can find the release trailer below.
You can find the full rundown (via Nintendo) below.
Gunlord X is a eurostyle platformer with emphasis on exploring huge worlds and blasting off enemies. Jump! Shoot! Explore!
Welcome to Gunlord X – A vastly improved Gunlord port coming to Switch in 2019!
This game features 11 stages of exciting 2D game play with over 60 unique enemy types. Blast yourself through giant landscapes, explore caverns and reveal all secrets!
The critically acclaimed platform action game Gunlord developed by NGDEV in 2012 comes back to the Switch in 2019. The game received an intense “Hi-Bit” overhaul for modern game consoles in a widescreen format. Additionally new boss enemies and extended stages were added.
Here’s a quick overview feature list:
– Significantly increased level size of the later levels offering new secrets and challenges.
– 4 new boss enemies
– Added a completely new horizontal jet pack stage
– Permanent continue and shortcut/level warp unlocks by collecting all big diamonds in stage.
– Auto save and level select features (you can revisit already beat stages at any time)
– Accomplishments screens and statistics screens for speedrunners
– Limited enemy respawns to essential enemies.
– Added Newgame+ (for speedrunning and new secrets)
– Increased the viewport to widescreen
– Improved viewport scrolling
– Scanline/RGB CRT TV shader
– Increased sprite/particle effects
– Added alpha blending special FX (Hi-Bit “32-bit” style)
– Added parallax scrolling elements
– Added new music tracks
– Improved controls (direct control over the 360° snake beam with R Stick)
– Optional modern twin stick controls (control movement and shooting direction independently)
– Fully customizable controls
– Improved difficulty curve especially on bosses
– Rebalanced weapon powerlevels
– Added a new power shot weapon
– Stable 60 fps in both docked/undocked mode
– HD rumble
Gunlord X is available on Nintendo Switch (physically May 22nd via the NGDEV Direct Store), and PlayStation 4.