This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Iris and the Giant, a roguelite deckbuilding RPG by Louis Rigaud, Goblinz Studio, and Maple Whispering Limited.
Guide Iris through a surreal, minimalist world, and help her confront her inner fears. Build a deck of cards, gain access to new powers, and put your abilities to the test in tactical card battles against monsters.
You can find a trailer for the game below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Iris and the Giant is a fusion of a collectible card game with RPG and roguelike elements. You play as Iris, who must brave her fears in her imaginary world. Behind the game’s unique minimalist art style players will explore a touching story of a young woman facing her inner demons and soothing the raging giant inside.
Build your deck
With every encounter, unlock new cards and earn points to boost Iris. Each attempt makes you stronger, and lets you go further!
- Tactical battles: Face monsters in fights mixing CCG mechanics with RPG and roguelike elements
- Deckbuilding: build a deck as you progress. Choose the best options for your long-term strategy out of a wide variety of cards
- Deep customisation: The game is packed with 51 cards and choices in how to specialise your character, your deck, and your playstyle
- A touching adventure: A lot of care was put into adding a compelling and emotive story to a genre traditionally light on narrative
- A progressive difficulty curve: Makes the game accessible to all, but offers a challenge to even the most hardened of players
A poetic, melancholic story
Throughout the game, you can uncover fragments of Iris’ memories, giving you new insight into the reasons behind your adventure in her mind.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!