This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Path of Giants, a relaxing puzzle game by Journey Bound Games.
Guide Bern, Matchi, and Totch on their quest to find an ancient treasure hidden deep within a maze of icy caverns and ragged cliffs. Swap between the three explorers at will and use their abilities to solve a wide range of handcrafted puzzles.
You can check out the launch trailer below.
The game has also received several nominations (or selections), including Seattle Indies Expo 2019, Dreamhack, and Magfest Indie Showcase 2019.
Path of Giants is available on Windows PC and Mac (both via Steam) for $8.99, as well as Android and iOS for $3.99.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Path of Giants is a serene adventure puzzle game
Guide three explorers; Bern, Matchi and Totch on their quest for a lost treasure through icy caverns and snow covered cliffs. Swap between the explorers as you use their teamwork to help solve the puzzles.
Each level is carefully designed and hand-crafted to create chillingly beautiful scenes, and combined with a charming original score composed by Clark Aboud, evokes a sense of calm as you explore this long forgotten area of the world.
- Bright, chilling and beautiful visuals
- Intricate handcrafted puzzles that are fun, challenging and varying in difficulty
- Calming overall experience from start to finish
- Adorable animations accompany the explorers
- Family friendly and was designed so anyone can easily pick it up and enjoy
- Colorblind feature – alternate character colors for better visibility
- Navigate using simple point and click controls
- Keyboard, controller and touch supported
- Collect Achievements
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!