Goblinz Studio have announced the release date for Louis Rigaud’s roguelite deck-building game, Iris and the Giant.
Players control Iris on her journey through a minimalist, imaginary world that represents her inner demons. Customize Iris’ abilities, and build a deck of cards to fight the monsters that stand in her path.
You can check out the launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Iris and the Giant is a fusion of a collectible card game with RPG and roguelike elements. You play as Iris, who must brave her fears in her imaginary world. Behind the game’s unique minimalist art style players will explore a touching story of a young woman facing her inner demons and soothing the raging giant inside.
Build your deck
With every encounter, unlock new cards and earn points to boost Iris. Each attempt makes you stronger, and lets you go further!
- Tactical battles: Face monsters in fights mixing CCG mechanics with RPG and roguelike elements
- Deckbuilding: build a deck as you progress. Choose the best options for your long-term strategy out of a wide variety of cards
- Deep customisation: The game is packed with 51 cards and choices in how to specialise your character, your deck, and your playstyle
- A touching adventure: A lot of care was put into adding a compelling and emotive story to a genre traditionally light on narrative
- A progressive difficulty curve: Makes the game accessible to all, but offers a challenge to even the most hardened of players
A poetic, melancholic story
Throughout the game, you can uncover fragments of Iris’ memories, giving you new insight into the reasons behind your adventure in her mind.
Iris and the Giant launches February 27th for Windows PC, Linux, and Mac (all via Steam). You can find a free demo on the game’s Steam page.