TinyBuild have announced Mayhem in Single Valley, a 2D action-adventure game by Fluxscopic.
Guide Jack through his journey of self-discovery, all while being chased by crazed, mutated animals. Solve puzzles, and use items and the environment to manipulate enemies based on their fears and desires.
You can check out the announcement trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Help Jack survive his voyage of self-discovery!
Jack, a local troublemaker, makes a series of earth-shattering discoveries on the day he is supposed to leave home for a new life in the city.
Mayhem in Single Valley is a thoughtful top-down action adventure. Its focus on family and everyday struggles mixed with its combat and puzzles provides an action-packed but emotional gameplay experience.
Single Valley is a microcosm of everyday life but with our fears and paranoia dialled up to eleven. Imagine a town where the craziest news stories happen regularly, where the odds of getting struck by lightning or attacked by misinformed townsfolk are never in your favour, and you are one step closer to envisioning life in Single Valley.
- An in-depth story with weird and wonderful fleshed-out characters.
- Lots of level-up items, Easter eggs, and mini games.
- Combine different food types, antidotes, and poisons to escape and/or manipulate crazed wildlife and bosses.
- Pull, push, drag, and generally fling items about your environment to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.
- Throw in any direction as you run for your life.
- Portable cassette player based soundtrack. You decide what music you’d like to accompany your battles.
- The river has a current, anything that falls in will float down stream.
- Your bag is your inventory, drop it if you want to swim across the river.
- Crazed animals will chase you between levels. Shake them off if you want to survive.
- Everything is modular, use NPCs like items, discard your cassette player/soundtrack, throw a fish enemy to distract a hungry bear.
- Dynamic lighting and shadows… are those poisoned rats’ eyes I see glowing in the dark.
- Enemies and characters have multiple desires and fears. Squirrels are afraid of bears. Wake a bear, get him to chase you, to clear an escape route of nutty critters.
- Lots of JJ Abrams-esque secret stuff I can’t speak about right now : )
Mayhem in Single Valley launches 2020 on Windows PC, Linux, and Mac (all via Steam).