Mi-Clos Studio have launched a new update for their sci-fi roguelite, Out There: Ω Edition.
The Alliance update was released last year on Nintendo Switch, but is now available on other platforms. This update adds (among other things), new story content, three new ships, new starting ships, a new ending, some new technologies, and various compatibility tweaks for the mobile versions to run on more recent phones and firmware.
Out There is an award-winning space exploration game blending roguelike, resource management and interactive fiction.
You are an astronaut awaking from cryonics not in the solar system, but… out there… in a far and unknown place of the galaxy. In Out There, you will have to survive, tinkering your ship with what you can gather drifting in the void, and spot garden planets to refill your oxygen supply.
Space is an hostile place ; dangerous and mysterious adventures will mark each step of your travel. You will not only meet intelligent species that won’t care about you, but also deal with ancient powers linked to your destiny and the fate of mankind itself.
Survival and understanding of what is really at stake in the galaxy is the core of what Out There has to offer.
• A dark adventure in deep space
• 59 achievements, leaderboard
• Explore a freshly procedurally-generated galaxy every time
• 350+ unique text adventures with multiple choices
• Epic main storyline leading to 4 different endings
• 10 spaceships with different specs to discover
• Crafting system with 20 alien technologies built from 15 materials
• Engage with alien life forms and learn their language
• No combat! it’s you against the environment
• Eerie score by award-winning composer Siddhartha Barnhoorn (Antichamber, The Stanley Parable) featuring vocals by Lara Ausensi (Forest Kingdom II, Shevannai – The Voice of Elves)
• Fantastic pulp comics graphics
• High replay value