This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is AFTERBURN, an arcade-inspired air combat game by MorfeoDev that just left Early Access.
AFTERBURN is designed to be a simple and easy to pick up arcade game that aims to deliver gamers their daily dose of aerial dogfights. The game offers daily mini-campaigns that players can compete in to gain leaderboard fame. You can check out the launch trailer above.
AFTERBURN is available on Windows PC via Steam for $9.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
As you can probably tell from this and my previous game, Furious Angels, I like flying things. I also like to make arcade-like games that are easy to pick up and gets you right into action with just a few keystrokes.
It is also hard to find a flight sim where dogfights are as fun as watching a Su-35 doing a cobra or watching the movie Stealth.
And that is what I’m trying to do with AFTERBURN: super quick arcade air combat. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Easy to pick up. All you need is the mouse or a single stick with two buttons.
- Daily mini-campaign. Each day missions are a bit different than the last.
- Simple aircraft setup. 27 possible combinations to accommodate your play style.
- Arcade action. Score as much as you can, compete on the leaderboards.
- Quick to get into action. No deep story or cutscenes to suffer through, just dogfights.
- Quick installation. Minimum requirements but vibrant visuals.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!