This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Skybolt Zack, a fast-paced arcade platformer by DEVS MUST DIE and Green Man Gaming Publishing.
Smash your way through 48 levels by matching your rocket punch attacks to the corresponding colors. Seamlessly chain your attacks and dashes together to maximize your score. Each of the game’s levels also have branching paths of varying difficulty. You can check out a trailer above.
Skybolt Zack is available on Windows PC (via Steam) and Switch for $19.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Skybolt Zack is the result of a unique way of mixing platformer mechanics and colour matching gameplay.
Controls are tight and Zack’s ability to rocket punch, dash, focus, change direction when destroying an enemy and more, offers more depth than what meets the eye – following the “easy to learn, hard to master” mantra.
It’s a platformer where you don’t jump, and a music game where you dictate your own rhythm. It feels like no other game!
- 48 frantic challenging levels that can all be completed without putting a foot back on the ground
- Branching routes with different levels of difficulty
- More than 15 environments divided into 5 distinct worlds
- An art style combining 3D assets and digital painted textures with tons of FX and explosions!
- Evolutive soundtrack inspired by famous platformers from the 90’s
- More than a dozen types of robotic enemies for renewed challenges throughout the game
- Dedicated speedrun and score attack modes
- 2 different leaderboards: one for the best scores and one for the best times on every level
- Fully customizable controls and colour-blind options
- No boring dialogue! (You’d have skipped them anyway…)
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!