Funcom has released a big new update for Conan Exiles.
The latest update introduces mounts, allowing players to capture foals and train them to be mighty war horses. Mounts can unlock a whole new dimension to the game’s combat system, or simply make travel faster. The update also adds a new leveling system for thralls, pets, and mounts. You can read more here, and check out the latest trailer above.
This free update coincides with the Riders of Hyboria DLC pack that focuses on customizing and housing your mounts.
Here’s a rundown of the new content:
Mounts have arrived in Conan Exiles! The update introducing mounts is free while the Riders of Hyboria Pack offers lots of new content and options for this new feature.
You can now ride in both force and style through the Exiled lands and crush your enemies with brutal cavalry charges. Lower your lance and skewer opponents or pick them off at a distance with mounted archery.
With the Riders of Hyboria Pack you can not only equip your horse with unique new saddles, but also gear yourself up in knightly armors and weapons from the region of Poitain.
Build a stable for your horses with new building pieces and decorate it with placeables such as carts, haystacks and wheel barrows.
Riders of Hyboria Pack contains:
- 2 exclusive mount skins
- Ride around on a black or white horse
- 6 new mount saddles
- Equip your horse with the Silent Legion saddle
- 25 new mounts related building pieces
- Building pieces especially made for stables
- 15 new armor pieces in three sets, such as the Poitain Cavalier armor
- Light, medium and heavy sets with an epic end-game version of each
- 11 new weapons in the Poitain set, including lances
- Same power as iron weapons with an epic end-game version of each weapon
- 14 new stable placeables
- Decorate your stable with all new placeables, such as weather vanes
All the new content in Riders of Hyboria Pack is exclusive to this DLC and adds a host of new visual options but does not give any in-game advantage in power. All the new items have comparable stats to existing items.
The Riders of Hyboria pack is available on Windows PC (via Steam), PS4, and Xbox One for $9.99, or as part of the Year 2 Season Pass.