Tunnel Vision Games and Aspyr have announced that Lightmatter will be releasing on Windows PC via Steam January 15th.
This first-person puzzle game tasks players with navigating a dangerous research facility where shadows are deadly. You can check out the latest trailer above.
The game’s puzzles are based around creating pathways of light so the player can stay out of the shadows. The game will release with an hour long demo that transfers progress to the main game.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Lightmatter is the atmospheric, first-person puzzle game inside a mysterious experimental facility where the shadows will kill you. Watch your movements closely through the sprawling tunnels and rooms or be swallowed into the vast darkness. The game tells a sci-fi story about a maniac inventor who has created the ultimate power source called Lightmatter. Players must explore the facility in an attempt to discover the hidden plot, while facing challenging puzzles that require mastering different light sources to survive.
- Step into an evacuated facility that risks tearing the world apart atom by atom.
- Use lateral thinking to solve mind-bending puzzles with lights, shadows, beams, platforms, and even Lightmatter.
- Explore themes of journalistic integrity, scientific ethics, and megalomania.
- Starring David Bateson (Known from playing Agent 47 in Hitman) who leads as Virgil, CEO of Lightmatter Technologies, and who provides the game’s dark humor narrative.
- Inspired by art used in thick-line animation and graphic novel-style outlines.
- Pays homage to first person puzzlers, drawing inspiration from The Turing Test, Portal, and The Talos Principle.