Indie developer Concernedape has released the massive and highly anticipated 1.4 update for Stardew Valley.
While the update is truly massive, the chief additions are highly-requested features like a new farm map – Four Corners – as well as separate bank accounts for the game’s multiplayer mode.
Here’s a spoiler-free list of the main patch notes:
- Brand new end-game mystery involving an abandoned building.
- New 14-heart events for every spouse, spicing up marriage a bit.
- New Fish Ponds, a new type of farm building that allows you to raise fish and harvest a variety of items from them.
- New farm map in the form of Four Corners, which is perfect for multiplayer.
- 60 new items, including “fun, practical, and powerful” items.
- 24 new hairstyles, 181 new shirts, 35 new hats, 14 new pants, and 2 new pairs of boots.
- Junimo Kart has had a revamp!
- Sheds can now be upgraded to double their interior size.
- 2 new monsters and 2 new alternative levels in the mines.
- New type of upgrade at the Blacksmith’s.
- New emote menu for your farmer (automatically mapped to Y by default)
- Plenty of quality of life improvements, including:
- Being able to stack ‘big’ items like kegs.
- Seeing the Junimo Note icon pulse when hovering over an item that’s required for a bundle.
- Social tab now keeps track of villagers’ likes and dislikes.
- Collections tab now keeps track of all letters ever received.
- 14 new music tracks.
- Hundreds of bug fixes.
You can read the full patch notes here.
Stardew Valley is currently available for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, and mobile devices. In case you missed it, you can find my review for Stardew Valley here (I highly recommend it).