Mojang have released version 1.13.0 (Bedrock) for Minecraft, adding foxes, character creator, and more.
Structure Blocks have also been improved, allowing users to “copy and save out sections of their world into structures. Saved structures can then be pasted back into the world”. It should be noted this item is restricted to admin commands.
You can find the full patchlist here, and the full run-down below:
- Keep your chickens safe and your belongings close, otherwise you’ll find them dead or gone – especially come nightfall. Foxes are more active at night and seek shade to sleep during the day. However, if you’re patient enough to feed two of them Sweet Berries, you can end up with a trusty one!
- Brown Mooshroom
- Transforms whenever a red Mooshroom is struck by lightning
- Feed them flowers and use a bowl to harvest Suspicious Stew!
- Suspicious Stew
- Craft stew with different flowers to grant different potion effects for a short period of time
- Share the suspiciousness with your friends and see how they like Suspicious Stew!
- Wither Rose
- A new, scary looking flower that is planted wherever a living entity dies to the Wither
- Might be useful when crafting Suspicious Stew?
- Item Frames can now be placed on the floor and ceiling!
- Added abandoned villages
- Added a celebration event that occurs if Pillagers successfully raid a village
- New Note Block instruments
- Make some sweet new jams by placing certain blocks under Note Blocks!
- Discover the new instruments with Glowstone, Haybale, Block of Emerald, Pumpkin, Soul Sand, Block of Iron, Bone Block, Wool, Packed Ice, Clay, and Block of Gold
- Added five dead coral types
- Added the Light Block for mapmakers
- Supports auxiliary data from 0 to 15 for light level
- Light blocks are supported via /give, /fill, and /setblock
- The invisible End Rod (variant 6) is now automatically updated to the new Light Block
- Added new in-game chat settings to improve accessibility
- Added game credits
- A way to see all the lovely people that work on the game!
- The credits can be viewed after defeating the Ender Dragon, and also through a new button found in the Settings menu
- Personalize your character in a number of ways, including body size and shape, limb replacement and tweaking of eyes, mouth, hairstyles and colors, facial hair, and skin tones
- More than 100 items will be available for free. There will also be a range of custom accessories, created by the Minecraft team, available for purchase
- Traditional custom skins can still be imported as before, on Windows 10 and mobile, using the following steps: Profile > Edit Character > Classic Skins tab > Owned > Import > Choose New Skin
- For even more details, check out the Character Creator FAQ
(Work in progress features that are only available when Experimental Gameplay is enabled in world settings)
- New and improved Structure Blocks
- Structure Blocks give creators the ability to copy and save out sections of their world into structures. Saved structures can then be pasted back into the world
- To get a Structure Block, you must use the ‘/give’ command
- When a structure is being loaded in, it can also be mirrored or rotated
- Structure Void blocks can be placed in an area to not copy air into the target area
- See How to Play in the game for more details and tips!
Minecraft has been available for Windows PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, 3DS, PS Vita, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, and both iOS and Android.