Square Enix have revealed a new trailer detailing patch 5.1 for Final Fantasy XIV.
The patch, dubbed “Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty”, shows off upcoming content, along with a new NieR: Automata inspired alliance raid.
In addition, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida released another “Letter from the Producer” detailing more 5.1 content.
You can find the full run-down below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the acclaimed Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Featuring Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO as guest creators, players will battle against machine lifeforms as they explore this new raid dungeon inspired by the world of NieR.
- New Game+ – Revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes, dialog, and battles while keeping your current character and level. Patch 5.1 includes the main scenario quests for Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers.
- New Trial: Hades (Extreme) – Players can relive the battle against this fearsome foe in a high-difficulty battle challenge.
- New Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can explore this great palace built by the Elves alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – Enter the fantastical Garden of Dreams, Lyhe Mheg—a new area featuring a new questline with more of the mischief-loving pixies.
- New PvP Frontline Map: “Onsal Hakair” (Patch 5.15) – Grand Companies will join forces with the tribes of the Azim Steppe to demonstrate their battle prowess in this competition of territory control.
- Job Adjustments – The ninja, samurai, and summoner jobs will receive comprehensive adjustments to their current playstyles, while other jobs will receive various changes and tweaks.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – Various adjustments to actions, the removal of additional actions, UI improvements, and more will enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- New Gold Saucer GATE “The Slice is Right” – Yojimbo makes his debut at the Gold Saucer in this new mini game that will test players’ reflexes…and sheer luck.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature the introduction of the ‘Fellowship’ community system, updates to Performance Actions, system updates, and more.